We are ALL Leaders of ourselves and others!
Click to view the video
Components of Authentic Leadership
- Self-awareness – Awareness of self and one’s emotions and responses
- Self-regulation – Ability to regulate own emotional state and behaviour to other people’s responses
- Psychological capital
- Hope – Identifying and working towards positive future oriented goals
- Efficacy – confidence in one’s ability that they can achieve a specific goal within a certain situation
- Resilience – having the ability to adapt and bounce forward (not just back) from adversity or set-backs
- Optimism – belief that we can change our attitudes and behaviours to determine a positive outcome
- Agency – Ability to put ideas and concepts into action and make them happen
The term Authenticity refers to congruency of actions with inner thoughts and values. The ability to be an Authentic Leader is not created from traditional leadership models of one-size-fits all. Leading with authenticity is about owning personal experiences (positive and negative), being confident, standing in your own power (self- efficacy), managing levels of distress, and implementing strategies to bounce forward from adversity with Authentic resilience.
Our coaching and training is based on over 3 decades of evidence from positive psychology and the science of happiness and subjective-wellbeing.